POSTED 3/28/19 - Accounts Receivable (Full Charge) Bookkeeper – Branford Hills Health Care Center, 40- HRS/WEEK
BHHCC is seeking a full time Accounts Receivable Bookkeeper with direct experience in Skilled Nursing Finance office procedures. Duties include billing and collecting Medicaid, Medicare, insurances, and private pay; cash posting, claim adjustments and collections duties, and resident trust fund. Excellent communication and team work skills are necessary. Experience operating Point Click Care financial and general ledger software package highly preferred. Full benefits and a quiet, friendly working environment. Interested persons may submit a resume and salary requirements to: Tracey DeLucia - Director of Human Resources by calling 203-315- 2639 or email firstname.lastname@example.org or fax 203-483-1893. Applicant may also visit in person at address shown below. Branford Hills Health Care Center is proud to be a 5 Star Skilled Nursing Facility as rated by the Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services. BHHCC is non- union and has been under private management for 37 years. Branford Hills Health Care Center - Ledgewood Rehabilitation, 189 Alps Road, Branford, CT 06405 www.bhhcc.com 203-481-6221 Job Type: Full-time Salary: $65,000.00 to $75,000.00 /year
POSTED 3/28/19 - Recreation Aide -part time weekends only 10am -4 pm.
Middlebury Convalescent Home Contact- Lynn Kirdzik Recreation Director at 203-758-2471 or send your resume via fax at 203-758-8853
POSTED 3/28/19 - Chief Financial Officer, Full Time, New Haven
The CFO must have a genuine passion for the Mary Wade Mission of providing the highest quality care to the people we serve and possess the ability to inspire and guide others to support the mission. The CFO serves on the Executive Team with significant interaction with the Board of Trustees. They must be able to gather the right people around the table to collaborate on problem solving and streamlining processes. We are looking for a leader that puts a priority on fostering collaboration, cooperation and clear communication. The ideal candidate has strong strategic planning and forecasting skills and can also manage the day to day operation and a team of experienced professionals. Must have the skills and ability to manage the financial requirements of multiple lines of service as well as a multi-level corporate structure. Primary responsibilities:
• Work closely with President and CEO; serve on Executive Team
• Assist and support grant writing and reporting requirements.
• Direct all aspects of accounting functions including operational, tax, real estate, purchasing and long-range planning.
• Oversee retirement savings plan, payroll, a/r, a/p, investment portfolio endowment activities, resident trust activities and the general ledger.
• Support annual budget process; provide support and information to leaders as needed.
• Attend Board Meetings; report on financials; attend sub-committee meetings as appropriate.
• Monitor payor mix to ensure the correct balance to maximize operational financial goals.
• Produce financial statements for distribution to department heads for budget management.
• Ensure all filing deadlines are met and appropriate documentation is maintained
• Healthcare experience a must
• Non-Profit experience a plus
• Master’s Degree in accounting or business administration or related field
• CPA preferred
• 5 plus years of financial experience
• 5 plus years of experience leading a team
• Technology proficiency and the ability to learn new software programs
• Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal
• Strong diplomatic skills with staff at all levels within the organization
• Ability to maintain confidentiality regarding all business matters
• Ability to work well under pressure
• Excellent organizational skills
• Flexibility in meeting changing priorities
For more information about who we are, please visit our website at www.marywade.org. Salary commensurate with experience. Generous benefits package including matching retirement plan. EOE/AA
POSTED 3/28/19 - Billing Specialist – Long Term Care/Skilled Nursing
As the Billing Specialist in our Health Center you are responsible for creating, managing and collecting resident accounts. This includes but is not limited to submitting claims to private payers, Medicare, Medicaid, managed care plans and insurance companies. You will also be responsible for the accounts receivable for the Health Center as well as the rest of the community. In this role you will interact with residents, family members, co-workers, professionals and other visitors. As such it is your responsibility to promote a positive work environment and maintain positive work relationships. It is important in this role that you adapt to changing demands courteously and professionally.
• Prepares, reviews, issues and collects monthly bills for all long-term care/Skilled Nursing residents.
• Prepares, reviews, issues and collects payment for third-party healthcare bills including Medicare, Medicaid and managed care.
• Work with residents and families to answer billing questions and any resolve billing issues.
• Participate in Medicare and Triple Check Meetings.
• Monitor A/R aging, maintain aged accounts receivable balances below target levels, and report to the CFO any issues with A/R aging.
• Consistently follow up on unpaid claims utilizing monthly aging reports, filing appeals when appropriate to obtain maximum reimbursement.
• Prepare recurring and special reports in support of planning and management activities.
• Performs various collection actions including contacting residents and customers by phone, correcting and resubmitting claims to third party payers.
• Maintain knowledge of medical coding and third-party operating procedures and practices.
• Assist residents and families with the Medicaid application process.
Must be experienced in all areas of long-term care/skilled nursing billing including Medicare, Medicaid, managed care and private insurances is required. Medical coding, and insurance certification a plus. In addition, the ability to understand more advance computer skills and proficiency in the intermediate knowledge of software such as Microsoft Word and Excel.
Education: A High School diploma with at least four years’ experience in long term care/skilled nursing billing. A bachelor’s degree is preferred.
Qualified candidates who are interested in applying for this position can apply online at whitneycenter.com or email a resume to Lushinksk@whitneycenter.com. Please, No phone calls.
POSTED 2/26/19 - Part Time Case Manager
Independent Contractor : Meeting with residents of nursing homes or their families throughout CT. Processing applications to obtain Medicaid benefits with the Department of Social Services. Travel to the families at homes or at the nursing home facility Flexible hours. Fax your resume to 860-657-2007 or e-mail to email@example.com