POSTED 10/28/19 - Accounts Payable Specialist - Jewish Senior Services
Job Objective: This entry level position is responsible for performing all accounts payable functions including, but not limited to complete invoice and payment processing, expense coding and clarification, auditing of payment documentation, clerical support duties, month end and year end processing and various reconciliations
Education: Associates Degree
Experience: 2-5 years
1. Reviews and obtains proper authorization for all documentation submitted for payment.
2. Processes all invoices into the appropriate systems accurately within the required timeframe.
3. Maintain checklists for reoccurring vendor invoicing.
4. Maintain and analyze open, paid, and aging vendor files.
5. Research and resolve invoice discrepancies.
6. Process vendors' payments
7. Maintains vendors 'files
8. Maintains files for W-9 forms, issues 1099's at year end and files 1096
9. Assist with month-end and year-end closing
10. Sorting of Incoming Mail.
11. Monthly Cash Posting/Daily Deposit Scan
12. Responsible for distributing and balancing Petty Cash
13. Support Gift Shop
14. Provide audit support and maintain audit schedules as required.
15. Assist with other special projects as needed.
16. Communicate with internal departments and follow through until discrepancies and/or problems are resolved and the process is completed.
17. Interacts with vendors and internal customers to assure a satisfactory relationship by responding to inquiries regarding expenditures in a timely manner.
18. Develops and maintains working knowledge of general ledger chart of accounts to properly record expenses.
19. Prepares general ledger journal entries as needed to reclassify information.
20. Various other functions or tasks as assigned by management.
Essential Job Functions
1. Accounts payable experience is a requirement.
2. Computer literate with working knowledge and experience with the latest version of Windows, MS Office and Internet.
3. Knowledge of Microsoft GP preferable
4. Must be able to maintain a courteous, friendly and helpful attitude at all times.
5. Excellent communication skills; ability to present information and respond to questions from all levels of staff as well as residents, visitors, vendors and the public.
All interested candidates please apply online at www.jseniors.org
POSTED 10/28/19 - Reimbursement Billing Specialist - Jewish Senior Services
Reports To: Supervisor, Accounts Receivable
Titles Supervised: None
Summary: Responsible for collecting, posting and managing account payments. Responsible for submitting claims to Medicaid and Applied Income. Following up with insurance companies that may be a Third party billing concern that would impede Medicaid payment.
DUTIES - Essential Responsibilities:
1. Processes payments and prepare daily deposits.
2. All deposits listed on the daily deposit log, total bank deposit listing, and posted in Martix.
3. Reconciles census monthly, and balances to billing journal.
4. Maintains accurate records for audit request and response.
5. Resident files are organized in folders chronologically, with all agreements and financial documents.
6. Prepares reviews and sends patient statements, per the JSS financial calendar.
7. Collection procedures are being followed on all account 30 days and over, 1-3 collection letter, and final letter, in conjunction with follow up documented phone calls.
8. Weekly collection attempts are documented.
9. Identifies and resolves patient billing complaints.
10. Follows and reports status of delinquent accounts as requested monthly.
11. Answers questions from residents and staff as it relates to residents insurance.
12. Process refunds or funds due to residents as credit balances occur. Review and address credit balances monthly.
13. Prepares and submits clean claims to various insurance (Medicaid) companies either electronically or by paper, in accordance with the CT DSS Map deadlines.
14. Reviews accounts for possible assignment and makes recommendations to the Billing Supervisor. Prepares information for the collection agency.
15. Follows and reports status of delinquent accounts as requested monthly.
16. Evaluates patient's financial status and establishes budget payment plans (maintain current AI budgets). Follows and reports status of delinquent accounts.
17. Processes no-pay Medicare claims timely (per admission or level of care change), for Medicaid pay starts.
18. Works closely with the Resident Trust bank to assure accurate monthly payments are received.
19. Works closely with all contractors or State & Federal agencies to assure Medicaid Pending/Medicaid eligible residents are granted.
20. Facilitate all transfers of funds on Medicaid/Pending residents, i.e. rep payees and pension check transfers.
21. Performs various collection actions including contacting patients by phone, correcting and resubmitting claims to third party payers.
22. Other assignments as needed.
QUALIFICATIONS - Minimum Qualifications
Education: High School Diploma or GED
Experience: 2 - 3 years
1. Knowledge of medical billing/collection practices.
2. Knowledge of computer programs.
3. Knowledge of business office procedures.
4. Knowledge of basic medical coding and third-party operating procedures and practices.
5. Ability to operate a computer and basic office equipment.
6. Ability to operate a multi-line telephone system.
7. Skill in answering a telephone in a pleasant and helpful manner.
8. Ability to read, understand and follow oral and written instructions.
9. Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with patients, employees and the public.
10. Ability to handle multiple demands and deadlines.
11. Ability to read and communicate.
12. Must be well organized and detail-oriented.
Environmental/Working Conditions: Normal office environment. Occasional overtime may be required and/or hours may be shortened as business needs dictate.
Physical and Mental Demands: Requires sitting and standing associated with a normal office environment. Manual dexterity needed for using a calculator and computer keyboard. This description is intended to provide only basic guidelines for meeting job requirements. Responsibilities, skills and working conditions may change as needs evolve.
All interested candidates please apply online at www.jseniors.org
POSTED 10/4/19 - Business Office Supervisor
– St Camillus, Stamford CT
SNF billing experience a plus. RESPONSIBILITIES/ACCOUNTABILITIES: 1. Ensures systems and controls are in place as outlined in policy and procedure manuals. Meets established daily, weekly, and monthly deadlines; completes billing for Private Pay/Medicaid/Medicare and Managed Care 2. Directs processing of accounts receivable, adjustments/refunds, private and third party agencies, census information, ancillaries, cash deposits, and posting; 3. Manages resident trust funds and maintains confidential files, ensures compliance with all state and federal regulations; 4. Meets with all new admissions (resident or family) to explain financial obligations and paperwork; audits new admission files to ensure completeness and accuracy; 5. Maintains Private Spend Worksheets and assists with Medicaid Pending Tracking; 6. Manages all month-end processes, which include completion of data entry, review and correction of edits, and census reconciliation; 7. Provides written Past Due Report concerning resident accounts to the Administrator. Prepares for and attends A/R review meetings 8. Recommends and prepares accounts for outside collection agencies, attorneys, and write-offs. Monday-Friday -40 hour position, full benefits – medical, dental, paid holiday time, short and long term disability, paid time off and retirement and 401K plan. Resumes can be forwarded to fax # (610)925-7670
POSTED 9/24/19 - Accounts Payable Specialist/Bookkeeper
– McLean, Simsbury
Responsible for the Processing, verifying and reconciling of accounts payable according to policies and procedures in an efficient, timely and accurate manner. Prepare and post journal entries and complete banking reconciliations and other general accounting and bookkeeping functions.
Monday-Friday 8am-4:30pm – full benefits – medical, dental, paid holiday time, short and long term disability, paid time off and retirement and 401K plan. Call Human Resources at 860-658-3724 for further information. Resumes can be forwarded to email@example.com
POSTED 9/10/19 - Accounts Payable Coordinator
– The Carriage House
The Business Office is in need of a full time Accounts Payable Coordinator to coordinate the daily operational activities of the accounts payable department for the organization. The required schedule is 40 hours a week, Monday through Friday. Job Functions (including but not limited to): - Inputs and maintains organization’s payable accounting systems including indexing software - Initiates and obtains facility approval and payment approval - Codes, reviews, allocates and verifies invoice validity - Maintains facility credit cards, records card transactions and organizes and file receipts - Coordinates and finalizes check runs - Works closely with vendor contacts and facility staff to ensure timely processing and payments - Ensures accuracy of General Ledger codes, tax amounts and appropriate invoice postings - Maintains appropriate accounting reports. Provides reporting for auditors, vendors, tax reporting, and as requested by internal departments - Maintains all supporting vendor documentation including COIs, contracts, proposals and W-9s - Processes and organizes capital requests and manages records for capital purchases Job Requirements (including but not limited to): • Accounts Payable experience • High school graduate or equivalent • Fluent knowledge of Microsoft Office with emphasis on Microsoft Excel • QuickBooks or other accounting software experience • Experience and proficiency with indexing software • High level of organization, attention to detail and problem-solving skills • Strong communication skills (written and oral) and interpersonal skills Job Type: Full-time Phone: 860-533-2508 Email: Emily@arborsct.com