Newtown Rehabilitation & Health Care Center
Accounts Receivable Assistant
The Accounts Receivable assistant is responsible for assisting in the managing the day-to-day operations of the business office. Work on daily census, collections, and oversee the resident personal needs fund in accordance with current Athena policy and applicable federal, state, and local regulations.
• Track daily census, daily deposits, and perform monthly reconciliation
• Track and process all documents necessary for all billing
• Responsible for assisting with all collections
• Work with families, attorneys, and agencies to process Medicaid applications
• Assist with HMS Audits
• Good communication, organizational, telephone and computer skills
• And other duties as assigned
Compensation and Benefits Package:
We offer a competitive salary, a comprehensive and generous benefits package, which includes paid time off, health, dental, and 401K. We are an equal opportunity employer that values diversity at all levels. All individuals, regardless of personal characteristics, are encouraged to apply.
Must have as a minimum two (2) years experience in bookkeeping or accounting practice. Experience in health care preferred but not required.
Location: 139 Toddy Hill Road, Newtown, CT 06470
Please send your resume to Liz Perugini email@example.com
Community Residences, Inc.
Please include updated resume with contact information to: firstname.lastname@example.org
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
1. Perform monthly audits of day program site logs, CRS and I H S documents to verify attendance that is submitted to Finance for billing purposes.
2. Annually and for newly developed programs create attendance tracking sheets for the programs.
3. Enter monthly attendance into the State program (WebResDay). Take the attendance and formulate the monthly attendance percentages and monthly day program revenues. Run the monthly EVV comparison report.
4. Maintain current CSAs and VSAs and follow up with any missing documents with the appropriate regions.
5. Process the monthly private pay billings.
6. Complete IP financial forms upon request.
7. Process all individuals’ admissions, discharges and transfers.
8. Process and keep current all individuals’ redeterminations and rep-payee reports.
9. Responsible for the application and continuity of individuals’
benefits. (needs monthly follow-up).
10. Generate monthly a listing of all individuals showing their current placement and any transfers or discharges that have occurred.
11. Create and update a database of our individuals in order to proactively anticipate upcoming redeterminations.
12. Monthly send out invoices for individual’s loans.
13. Maintain Social Security rep payee database.
14. Handle all individuals’ correspondence.
15. Perform all other job related responsibilities as requested.
A minimum of five years of experience working in the human services industry. Demonstrated skills in organization/prioritization, oral/written communication, assertiveness/independence, computer literacy not limited to word process, spread sheets, outlook, etc.